Bali Sports Foundation is looking for volunteers.
Job Title: Sports Volunteer
Purpose: Sports Volunteer at Bali Sports Foundation will actively promote and seek support for the Bali Sports Foundation. They will support and attend any existing sports programs and proactively develop new ideas for improving or expanding programs within the foundation.
Location: The Sports Volunteer will work out of the foundation’s main office in Jl Waribang, Denpasar and at designated sites and events as identified by the Operations Manager.
- Plans, sets up, and attends meetings and public events to promote the programs of BSF and gain support and sponsorship.
- Conducts meetings with groups requesting information about the programs provided by BSF.
- Distributes brochures and informational packets through a wide variety of venues.
- Conducts research on appropriate programs and venues suitable for use by BSF.
- Attends all events conducted by BSF and provides pro-active support for the Operations Manager and the Equipment Manager to ensure smooth running of those events.
- Participates in programs by providing coaching and instructional guidance to participants.
- Maintains a high duty of care to all participants, staff and volunteers of BSF.
- Be socially responsible and respectful to the cultural differences of participants and staff and conduct themselves in a way, both at work and in leisure time, so as not to bring BSF into disrepute.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Length of Appointment: 6 months
Time Commitment: Minimum of 20 hours per week or as required for programs (will increase considerably in the lead up to major events)
- Sports Coach People with Disabilities (Adaptive Sports) – DESIRABLE – or other similar qualifications
- Senior First Aid Certificate – COMPULSORY
- Marketing, Promotions or Advertising – ADVANTAGEOUS
- Knowledge of Indonesian – DESIRABLE
- Motor Bike International License – DESIRABLE
- Ability to work unsupervised and obtain results.
- Enthusiastic person who works co-operatively within a team.
- Socially & Culturally Responsible.
- Reliable and Honest.
- Appropriate Visa
- Use of Motor Cycle
Tom is actively engaged in coaching all over Bali. Tom is the definition of a sporting all-rounder. Hailing from the sporting mecca that is Hammersmith, London, a town that has produced such greats as Frank Bruno, Joe Calzaghe and Borat creator, Saha Baron Cohen, he was soon shipped off to Switzerland at the ripe old age of 6 weeks where rumour has it he learnt to ski before he could walk. Twenty-something years have passed since those early days, during which Tom has developed into a keen sportsman, representing his senior school at football, rugby, hockey, cricket, swimming, squash and surprisingly cross country.
Tom went on to be selected for the Sussex Schools hockey squad before moving to University where he was selected for the University of Exeter football team and local Exeter Saracens rugby 1st XV. Off the field Tom has taken his sporting accomplishments a step further, founding in 2006 the Kilmorie AFC football team that can still be found playing today, long after Tom has moved on. More recently, Tom has spent time coaching rugby and football across Southern Africa, using sport to educate and improve the quality of life for local villages in South Africa, Zimbabwe and Zambia.
Currently Dominik is studying International Management at the Westfälische Hochschule Gelsenkirchen (Bocholt Campus), Germany. With a long time interest in south-east Asian countries, Domink loves to travel and meet their people and see the wonderful landscapes. Esecially Indonesia which had a unique impact on Dominik during a previous stint where he did a semester abroad at the Udayana University Denpasar 2011.
During this time Dominik started to surf and fall in love with the wonderful island and its people living here.
Dominik is back in Bali, volunteering for BSF with particular focus on the BSF surf programs for Deaf Mute children and soon Amputee children as well as assisting with all other BSF events and programs.